Monday, July 2, 2007

The Beginning

Here is my first blog entry and I am nervous and excited about writing my dreams and goals so that I can share them with others as well as have them written down for me. I have no clue what will come of this blog writing but I know it will be for my highest and greatest good as long as I stay out of my way and not have expectations.

I started the ICA program in the summer of 2005, when my life was appearing to be shinning and clearing away the chains I created in my past. What was later revealed was I had more chains and blocks to clear away before I could properly focus on a new career and my new life. I used the year of 2006 to break and clear way the last of blockages (people and situations) out of my life. So this January I “began” the coaching program again with the help and support of Karen Cappello and now have found more kindred spirits to help, support and share this wonderful journey with me. I decided that Wellness Coaching will be my niche since my chosen path is to integrate a mind body spirit approach to my life, work and my dealings with people. I am a Reiki level III practitioner as well as going back to school in October to become a Nutrition Counselor. I have been working with a wonderful student coach named Sanne who has gently nudged me into moving ahead in a very loving way so that I do not become overwhelmed but still progress in a manner that ties up the loose threads of my life.

I have began to write down my to do lists for each day in a calendar and this has been something I fought my entire life to do. Lists, journaling, anything written down, has been a major issue for me to overcome. I did not like being “tied down” to set standards needing more fluidness for things to appear so I could change my mind. I now see how the writing down provides me with an opportunity to be more creative in observing where I need to place my attention next and what I need to act on. Since the calendar I am now using does not have enough room for me to write my to do lists and be creative, I am going to be designing a 81/2x 11 double sided calendar. When I have the first page finished I will let you know. I hope to begin working on the physical calender next week. Right now I am gathering photos, illustrations affirmations, poems that I will use. I bought a binder and will decorate the front with craft papers and dodads.

I am working with a pro-bono client named Michelle who has been so inspiring and motivating to me. I developed the courage to ask her about setting up shop in her wellness center to give health histories to her clients and she agreed. She also has told another friend of hers about my coaching style (which Michelle loves) and who Michelle feels I could be of help to. On the 28th of this month, I will begin coaching a new client from my nutrition course named Taz. Working with Michelle has given me confidence to use the various tools that I have learned from my ICA classes: shifting perspective, centering before speaking, the beneficial role in acknowledgment for a client, providing safe space, and allowing the client to lead where the sessions need to go. The name I have chosen for my coaching business is Harmony Health Coaching and
yesterday I bought 2 hanging file folder boxes to hold my info for my coaching and nutrition business.

I like the aspect of using spiritual gardening as a metaphor for my coaching model: visualizing the garden in bloom, what plants to plant where and when in the garden, the type of soil for each plant, when to plant i.e. Seasons, days of week, where to
get the plants to plant. Fertilizing the plants and soil: what work when and
what might work later, when to water, when to harvest, and dealing with
plants that do not take, see the value of weeds and pests, Inviting the creator to be an active helper, asking for blessings and insight, bringing love to everything involved in the gardening process and last but not least: how does the whole experience help the gardener to grow and learn to plant the next garden in their lives.


My goals this week are to develop my welcome package, set up polices and procedures, develop my coaching model, blogging, posting on the ICA discussion board as well as posting on my nutrition class forum, visualizing at night how to further develop my coaching style and listening skills, order hanging file folders and paper clips. This is a lot but since I have completed my first blog entry I feel I can now do anything.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice first blog, if you ask me. Your path sounds exciting and adventurous. I look foward to hearing more about your journey. For someone who didn't want to write anything down, what bravery to post a blog!!! Congratulations. I look foward to further entries.

Anonymous said...

Louisya you are a born writer! i love your writings and how descriptive you are about your journey and the details of actually living it. I'm so excited that you're working with Michelle. You're both strong, inspirational women. And you're moving along parallel paths. You are a wonderful teacher. i can't wait to learn more from you! Namaste