Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Celebrating

As this is the 4th of July, I felt todays post will be on the module Celebrating. In the course notes, one sentence stands out for me: Celebration serves in announcing to the entire world that we are proud of our accomplishments. Now that can mean on a physical level towards individuals in our lives, but I view the sentiment to also include my physical and emotional environments, as well as the big and the small movements on my journey.

As with goal setting, Celebrating anything for myself was something I never gave two cents about. Now I can show gratitude to myself as well as others. I give myself permission to stop and enjoy what I have accomplished, savoring these moments and when possible sharing these achievements with love ones. My accomplishments have provided me with opportunities for even more achievement. Now they can even become a goal: to discover different ways for me to celebrate, appreciate and say thank you for what I have created and what has been created for me. Todays blog is to celebrate and acknowledge my friends and myself.

My friends are my guardian angels in a physical form. Every one is an blessing from the universe and each one keeps affirming I am on the right path and things are going to be fine. My friend/beautiful soul Scott has been sharing and celebrating my accomplishments and dreams these past few years. He has celebrated my accomplishments without me even knowing about it, and has shown me where I need to pat myself on my back for what I have created in my life. I celebrate Scott and his unconditional loving spirit and am so blessed to have him in my life. There are others: Aunt Elaine, Auntie Mattie, my Mother, Het Heru, Queen Afua, Baba Semaj, TuTu, Pa-ur, Lucy, Phillip, Terry, were seriously in the trenches, fought the battles by my side, helped me remove the muck, not allowing me to forget how powerful I am and that the sun will always shine for me. I acknowledge each one of you with a virtual kiss. There are the new comers: Jennifer, Nova, Maritza, Cynthia, Alisha, my Plumbers, Patrick, Taz, Jane, MaryJean, Patricia Betty, Lois, Joycelyn, Amber, Ricky, Dorian, Antonio, Peter, Jeff, Rahami, Tracey, Michelle who have provided me with safe places to express my love. I so thank all of you. There is a returned Friend: Hrag. We have had our ups and downs but the love is true between us (even when I might have doubt his and mine, it was there, I just could not feel) welcome back to my heart and my life.

I celebrate my son Cameron and his extraordinary accomplishments. I celebrate owning and caring for my home, I celebrate being a student in ICA, I celebrate enrolling in the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, I celebrate my cats Tegene and Lumumba, I celebrate dancing, I celebrate my garden, I celebrate stumbling but never falling, I celebrate never giving up on myself, I celebrate love and laughter but most importantly: I CELEBRATE ME

No comments: